Leading analysts and influencers to offer practical advice on building a strategy for delivering learning beyond an organization’s workforce; SumTotal customer Magento to share real-world strategies and success stories
Gainesville, Fla.– Sept. 4, 2014 – SumTotal® Systems, LLC, one of the largest independent providers of learning and HR solutions, today announced the launch of a webinar series aimed at helping organizations understand the benefits of extending learning and training across their value chains, from vendors and suppliers to channel partners, distributors, subcontractors, resellers and customers.
Today’s business ecosystems span a wide range of non-employee constituents who represent underdeveloped potential for organizations. Highly successful organizations recognize the critical role these external audiences play in building brand awareness, delivering services and support, improving customer experience and increasing revenue. Organizations that actively engage external stakeholders through extended learning substantially improve their bottom line. In fact, according to Aberdeen Group, companies that use their learning management systems (LMS) to deliver training and information to external audiences generate nine times more annual revenue growth per full-time employee than organizations that do not. Those same companies also experience a 33-percent increase in customer retention.[i]
SumTotal’s three-part webinar series is designed to share best practices of delivering training to external audiences, build a business case for doing so, and execute and measure those programs to demonstrate return on investment.
Topic: It Takes a Village: It’s Time to Extend Learning to Your Customers and Partners
Date: Sept. 10, 11 a.m. EDT
Presenter: Christa Degnan Manning, senior vice president of global workforce and talent strategies and solutions at HfS Research
- Get started building an extended learning strategy;
- Create, deliver and measure learning programs that improve customer and partner satisfaction; reduce support costs, and provide new revenue streams;
- Apply best practices and avoid common hurdles from other leading learning organizations.
Topic: Building a Business Case: How Extending the Reach of Your Learning Program Can Pay Off Big
Date: Sept. 23, 3 p.m. EDT
Presenters: Jennifer McClure, president of Unbridled Talent, LLC; and Laurie Ruettimann, industry veteran and HR consultant
- Build better awareness of your brand, products and services;
- Increase adoption of your products and services;
- Improve overall customer experience and reduce costs.
Topic: Turning Knowledge Into Profit: Smart Business Strategies for Your LMS
Date: Oct. 23, 2 p.m. EDT
Presenters: Michael Rochelle, analyst and chief strategy officer at Brandon Hall; Brian Dressler, business systems manager at Magento, an eBay company and global leader in ecommerce solutions; Bill Docherty, vice president of product management at SumTotal
- Create engaging customer and partner experiences that deliver the right learning to the right people at the right time;
- Evaluate key strategy, process, people and technology in building a knowledge-for-profit center, including integrations with key business systems;
- Align learning programs with business strategies and goals.
Follow @SumTotalSystems and join the conversation using the event hashtag: #STWebinar.
- Learn More: Learn how SumTotal customers, including McAfee, Tokyo Electron, USA Funds and the American Management Association are using SumTotal’s extended enterprise and Talent Expansion™ applications to drive business success at de.sumtotalsystems.com/resources/.
- Visit de.sumtotalsystems.com and check out the SumTotal Blog for more learning and talent management tips and perspectives.
About SumTotal Systems
SumTotal Systems, LLC, one of the largest independent providers of integrated HR solutions, is increasing the performance of some of the world’s most successful organizations, including AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN [ADR]; London: AZN), Amway (KUL: AMWAY), and Seagate (NYSE: STX). The only HR solution provider to deliver Talent Expansion, a whole new approach to discovering, developing and unleashing hidden potential within our customers’ workforce, SumTotal delivers employee enablement solutions that help organizations become great places to work. SumTotal’s people-focused applications, available on premise and in the Cloud, enable contextual, just-in-time development designed to advance employees’ skills and knowledge. Today, more than 3,500 organizations, including several of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s on premise and cloud-based Talent Expansion applications to enable their employees. Visit the SumTotal Blog or follow @SumTotalSystems at twitter.com/sumtotalsystems and on Facebook at facebook.com/SumTotal.Systems for more learning and talent management tips and perspectives.
+1 (970) 379-9363
[i] Aberdeen Group. Customers and Learning: Extending the Boundaries, October 2013