Product update also delivers expanded access to third-party content and an enriched mobile experience
BOSTON – July 25, 2019 – SumTotal Systems, a global leader in Talent Development solutions, today announced enhancements across its Talent Development suite that deliver a seamless and enriched experience for learners, administrators and managers. The enhancements further SumTotal’s goal of re-imagining talent development by providing advanced universal content support, a world-class mobile experience, superior career and employee development functionality and exceptional extended enterprise capabilities. Most notable is the new SumTotal Intelligent Assistant (SIA), which provides immediate access to relevant learning content without interrupting the flow of work.
SIA breaks barriers to learning by delivering training in the precise moment of need. Learners simply highlight text on a web page to pinpoint relevant training content in SumTotal Learning Management. The content can be accessed immediately via a browser plug-in, either with an adjacent minimized window, or the learner can move seamlessly into the learning management system (LMS) for a deeper dive. Powered by sophisticated artificial intelligence, SIA recommends training based on user profile data while tracking all learning data in the LMS.
According to research by the Brandon Hall Group, more than half of organizations surveyed are using multiple forms of just-in-time learning modalities. “An increasing number of organizations are beginning to recognize the business value of delivering just-in-time learning to their employees,” said Michael Rochelle, chief strategy officer and principal HCM analyst, Brandon Hall Group. “Employees benefit from a more engaging learning experience while they continue to execute on the work at hand. SumTotal Intelligent Assistant improves training efficiency by enabling employees to learn and accelerate skill development without impeding their productivity.”
Additional enhancements to the SumTotal suite include:
- Universal Content Support: SumTotal now offers support for EdX, allowing organizations to provide learners seamless access to learning content from the massive open online course provider within SumTotal Learning Management. This comes as SumTotal continues to expand its support for all major platform standards, including xAPI and CMI5, as well as major third-party content libraries.
- Delivering World-class Mobile Experience: SumTotal was one of the first HR vendors to support continuous feedback via the smartphone. In this latest release, the SumTotal Mobile App has been redesigned to provide easy access to innovative capabilities including the 1:1 feedback journal. Additional mobile updates enable full Workforce Management functionality within the unified SumTotal mobile experience.
- Talent Development Innovations: Enhanced gamification functionality increases learner engagement while new reporting features identify opportunities for administrators to refine the gamification experience, understand general usage and award high performing users. Also, investments in Reporting & Analytics functionality provide actionable insights into content usage, mobile usage, gamification tracking and more.
- Improved Extended Enterprise Capabilities: SumTotal’s Extended Enterprise solution now provides a streamlined administrative experience and complete e-commerce support to ease how customers and partners can deliver learning to their unique learning ecosystem.
- Customized Talent Acquisition Workflows: Updates to SumTotal Talent Acquisition provide custom configurability to an organization’s required workflows, the ability for third-party recruiting agencies to easily enter candidates into an organization’s workflow, as well as personal email templates and bulk assignment onboarding functionality. These enhancements streamline recruiter productivity and efficiency, ensuring time is spent identifying and qualifying candidates instead of doing time-intensive administrative tasks.
“This latest release reflects SumTotal’s mission to provide organizations with talent development empowered by continuous learning throughout the entire employee lifecycle,” said Apratim Purakayastha, CTO, SumTotal. “The innovations across this release recognize the correlation between talent development and business success. Our enhancements provide a holistic, end-to-end talent development solution that delivers an enriched experience for learners, administrators and recruiters to improve learning, productivity and efficiency.”
- To learn more about SumTotal’s suite, visit de.sumtotalsystems.com
- Read a blog post on “Continuous Innovation: A Look Inside SumTotal’s 19.2 Release”
About SumTotal Systems
SumTotal Systems believes that learning-centered talent development is the heart of HR and HR Technology, and that building a culture of learning is critical to business growth and sustainability. SumTotal provides a unified Talent Development suite that delivers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Built on award-winning technology that powers talent acquisition, learning management and talent management, SumTotal solutions are used by companies of all sizes and industries, including airlines, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals. SumTotal is committed to continuous innovation with a focus on consumer-grade user experience and robust mobile capabilities to drive employee engagement. SumTotal leverages the latest standards, including xAPI and CMI5 to deliver seamless integration with leading content providers. Learn more at de.sumtotalsystems.com.