More than 300 HR Leaders and Industry Experts Join in Innovation Celebration
Gainesville, Fla. – April 19, 2013 – SumTotal Systems, LLC, the only human resources solution provider that helps organizations discover, develop and unleash the hidden potential within their workforce, wrapped its seventh annual TotalConnection 2013 customer event last week in Orlando. Conference buzz at this year’s event centered on Talent Expansion™, a new approach for helping employees get better at their jobs while they’re doing them, and on SumTotal’s new elixHR Platform™, the industry’s first single source of truth for people data, which debuted to resounding cheers from conference attendees and the industry at large.
„We were thrilled to have had so many SumTotal customers and partners attend and participate in this year’s TotalConnection event,“ said John Borgerding, SumTotal CEO. „The energy and excitement at the conference, coupled with the external buzz we saw last week for our new elixHR Platform and our next generation talent solutions, illustrate the momentum we are seeing for solutions that address and solve real business challenges quickly and cost effectively. By executing a roadmap that prioritizes innovation, user experience, deployment speed and reusability, SumTotal is committed to delivering solutions that expedite HR transformation while accelerating our customers‘ time to value.“
More than 300 HR leaders, practitioners and industry experts from a dozen countries attended this year’s TotalConnection event, pre-conference workshops and break-out sessions to learn, network with peers and exchange industry best practices. In addition to the many educational and instructional sessions, attendees had an opportunity to see SumTotal’s latest innovations and talent applications firsthand, including its next-generation workforce management and integrated analytics capabilities designed, in part, to help address HR’s mounting Big Data challenges.
“The majority of attendees at this year’s conference ranked ‘doing more with less‘ as their main challenge for 2013,“ said Hardeep Gulati, SumTotal executive vice president of products and customer support. “This is completely aligned with the focus of our solutions to help companies expand their Talent by increasing productivity and engagement so employees can be better at their jobs. We remain committed to delivering customer experience and products, like the elixHR Platform, that allow customers to maximize their existing technology investments while also ensuring they can advance and scale their HR transformation initiatives.“
TotalConnection 2013 featured an impressive lineup of speakers and keynote presentations delivered by SumTotal executives and customers, including:
- David Tough, global human resources manager at Howden presented on how his organization is leveraging workforce analytics to drive growth; and David Brady, Wells Fargo vice president, technology manager, learning and development, and Jennifer Burkle, Wells Fargo technology relationship manager, discussed how they are driving effective learning through innovation.
- John Borgerding, SumTotal CEO, delivered the event’s opening keynote, underscoring SumTotal’s market leadership, momentum and continued commitment to helping customers build world-class workforces. Hardeep Gulati, executive vice president of products and customer support, showcased the elixHR Platform and presented a live preview of SumTotal’s next generation talent applications and user interface. David Osborne, executive vice president of global services and OnDemand operations, highlighted service offerings and use cases for supporting customers as they develop and deploy effective talent management solutions – both on premises and in the cloud.
- Guest speaker, Alison Levine, kicked off the second day by sharing inspiring and often humorous reflections on overcoming challenges, taking risks and working within a team in her presentation titled „Cliff Notes: Leadership Lessons From the Edge.“
The conference also served as the setting for SumTotal’s annual Innovation Awards, honoring customers who have demonstrated exceptional success in using SumTotal’s solutions to meet business challenges.
2013 SumTotal Innovation Award winners included:
- McAfee for Best Launch to an Organization
- Univar for Best Business Solution
- Duke Energy for Best Use of Learning Solution
- Lowes for Best Use of Expense Solution
- Praxair for Best Use of Talent Solution and Best Overall
- City of Boise for Best Use of Workforce Solution
TotalConnection 2013 culminated with a lively debate on how HR partners can support complex and constantly evolving workforces. The panelists, featuring Michael Rochelle, chief strategy officer at Brandon Hall; Kris Dunn, founder of HR Capitalist and Fistful of Talent; Laurie Ruettimann, HR industry thought leader; and Steve Parker, SumTotal vice president of solutions marketing, offered advice, drawing on their own experiences, and invited the audience to share in the discussion.
In addition to more than 30 hands-on and best practices sessions delivered by customers, partners and SumTotal experts, attendees had the opportunity to visit several event sponsors, including Cognizant, Training Orchestra, Vivid Learning, BMO Financial, GP Strategies, Turning Technologies, Kesdee and Skillsoft.
For more information about SumTotal:
- Check out SumTotal’s elixHR and Talent Expansion videos
- Download complimentary copies of The Forrester Wave™: Talent Management, Q1 2013 and Bersin by Deloitte’s LMS Industry report
- Follow us on Twitter @sumtotalsystems and Like us on Facebook
About SumTotal Systems
SumTotal Systems, LLC, the largest independent provider of integrated human resources (HR) solutions, is increasing the performance of some of the world’s most successful organizations, including AstraZeneca (NYSE: AZN[ADR]; London: AZN), Amway (KUL: AMWAY), and Seagate (NYSE: STX). The only HR solution provider to deliver Talent Expansion, a whole new approach to discovering, developing and unleashing hidden potential within our customers’ workforce, SumTotal delivers employee enablement solutions that help organizations become great places to work. SumTotal’s people-focused applications, available on premise and in the Cloud, enable contextual, just-in-time development designed to advance employees’ skills and knowledge. Today, more than 3,500 organizations, including several of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s on premise and cloud-based Talent Expansion applications to enable an empower their employees. Visit us at de.sumtotalsystems.com.
SumTotal, the SumTotal logo, Talent Expansion and elixHR, are registered trademarks or trademarks of SumTotal Systems, LLC, and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.